Nuisance is a band that we've visited before in the form of their Attractive Nuisance demo. One of very few Humboldt bands to have an impact outside of Humboldt (Mr. Bungle was a big one that comes to mind, still need to post a demo or two of theirs), but I guess they had to move away to do that. That says nothing about the dynamic nature of the Humboldt scene though, which is vibrant and unique. Before I go any further, the full content of the Nuisance part of this post was completely stolen from Little Records I Have Loved, but these days blogs are disappearing faster than liquor at a bar, his is an apparently dead blog with no recent updates, and I don't want this lost in time...plus it goes good with the Humboldt stuff floating around here. Do your self a favor and read his post (while it lasts), he really has some good insights and a love for the music. Anyway, this is a Humboldt band, but this is a Santa Rosa release if that makes sense and as I said I got to see them play live when I first got up to Humboldt. It's funny, some guy got after me in a comment for calling these guys poppy on the other post, but on this 7", which I like better and more closely resembles the live experience I had, they are sort of a punky kind of hardcore, even some metal riffage thrown in. The drummer really shines on this, can't get enough of that rat-a-tat-tat. You can pick up a copy of this bad boy at Discogs for $5. Three very different tunes here, but I'd say my favorite is the first one.
Terminal Fuckup King Rat Sungod
EDIT: This is my rip of the 7"... [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2i2g9sDEi8&w=560&h=315]
No comments:
Post a Comment