Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tyrranicide - Hiding Under White demo cassette

abbey roadEven the Beatles are celebrating in the streets with the death of the Iron Lady. Hats off to her as so much of what I listened to in the early 80s would not have existed without her.  She was something to bitch about but I'm sure if she hadn't of been there we would have found something else to bitch about.  We're all just bitches.

You know on top of being a burnout, I'm a little mental, or as one of my internet buddies called me, neurotic. I have to state that every once in a while for people who deal with me, like the warning label on a bottle of pills. In this internet age, I'm still getting used to email as a means of communication. I do much better in person, still not great and still mental, but at least I can read tone, facial expressions and body language. When I send out an email, it's like an invitation and if I don't hear back right away, I start second guessing myself. Well why haven't they written back, did I piss them off, am I being a pest, am I asking too much, etc. Then I'm driven, almost forced by cosmic forces to write back and apologize without knowing what I'm apologizing for. I don't take into account that a person has a life full of goings on, and they get to things as they get to it, pretty much like I do. Hmph...mental. I don't think I'll ever get it.

Here's something to get mental over, let every asshole in the world have access to where you're at and what flowers you have planted in the pot out front over at Show My Street. It seems cute, but big brother really is watching you. I'm in the country enough though, that they don't give you a street view, it's just that birdseye, satellite deal. My internet buddy Sean of the famed, yet deceased, Damaging Noise blog (he has experienced my neurosis) turned me onto some classic mid-80s metal (m/) the other day, by a band I had never heard of, thought I'd share their bitchen-ness... Samhain - Plague Of Messiah While on a metal tip (the main band in this post was as metal as it gets), discovered this Russian forum called Metal Area...tons of listening to bands that you would have otherwise never heard of (or maybe you're in the know and I should say that I would never have heard of). Tons of shitty stuff too, but it's worth it to go through and do some listening. Here's some highlights of my wanderings.. Moss - The Bleeding Years Heaving Sun - Solar Flare Blastpoint Blade of the Ripper - Cast Me In The Fire T-1aT-2Ahhh, yes, Tyrranicide (the mid 80's bay area one), been searching for this one forever and finally found it at the above site...I only wish I had this cassette. The last band I was in, Grout, had the pleasure of having Ty on bass, who had, several years earlier, been the bass player for Tyrranicide. Our drummer Steve and Ty were from the fabulous town of Pleasanton. I was told back then that Ty had been in the aforementioned band, but that meant nothing to me and until the other day I had never listened to them. Ty was an incredible bass player and a solid human being, never had a bad word to say about anyone. I left Humboldt before he did, and as we all did, he settled down, had a family and last I heard, is a chef in Napa. Tyrranicide is your proto-typical, mid 80's, thrash/speed metal band, with political lyrics and heavy shredability. Nate at the legendary True Punk & Metal blog had the demo up (and I know it gets old saying this) but the link is dead. Of Tyrranicide he says, "they were writing social/political songs, playing with punk bands, while still waving the flag of long hairism." I'll leave it at that and give you a chance to listen... Hiding Under White Summoned To Die Facing Reality Epilogue Cripple's Revenge

 

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NulLhq4JfYU]

No comments:

Post a Comment