
This is one of the coolest animated gifs I have ever run across, wish I remembered where I got it so I could give the creator credit, which I shamefully never do anyway. I guess a big fat, all encompassing, thank you is in order, to those responsible for all the images/gifs I have used over the years.
Bad dreams lately, which has left me a little tired during the day. Nothing wrong with a nap during my lunch hour is there? I don't have those frightful waking up terrified dreams (I'm a horror buff, I find those intriguing), I get more of a kind of weak feeling of inadequacy from my dreams, waking up disappointed in myself. Maybe that says something about how I feel about myself, but in all honesty, when I'm awake I don't really care about that on a day to day basis. My regrets deal more with how I failed to sock a few idiots in the jaw that deserved it over the years. Call it cowardice or call it trying to be diplomatic, my path these past several years is one of minding my own business. I regret not being a better Father to my son and a better partner to the ladies in my life. BUT, there's also plenty I don't regret, unfortunately that's not what I dream about. Maybe it's all the industrial music I've been listening to.

As I've been saying, been on an
industrial music kick/quest, educating myself in a genre that I knew very little about, other than SPK and Kraftwerk. Still a little hazy in the art of putting the music into the sub-genres within the broad framework of industrial...
dark ambient,
power electronics,
Japanoise,
neofolk,
electro-industrial,
electronic body music,
industrial hip hop,
industrial rock,
industrial metal,
industrial pop,
martial industrial,
power noise, and
witch house. I guess what they all have in common is some kind of electronic manipulation and composition of sound. I am most drawn to the rhythmic sounds with a harsh edge and some kind of vocalizations...I didn't stray far from my roots, pretty much early SPK-ish stuff. Tons of good listening to be found, amazing really, but I had to suffer through lots of shit too. You know thinking about SPK I wanted to share the most essential compilation of their earliest recordings, way out of print and when you can find it for sale it's in the 100's of $$$. Not going to name it, because I don't want the mp3 collectors to get their hands on it from a casual search, but it's 5 LPs worth of some of their best stuff and for those loyal MR friends, YOU NEED THIS!!! (600+ mb so it's a big file, be patient, it's worth it)
SPK
So in listening to all that Industrial music, maddening after a while, I thought of a few friends who might appreciate a mix, like the old cassette dubbing days, of some of my favorite stuff. What you get is old and new, just under 80 minutes (about 100 mb) a peice so perfect for a CD (in the iPod! age, even those are becoming dated)... from 1976 to 2013. A couple a sites that were very useful in my search (although I probably visited a hundred different sites, which resulted in several vinyl purchases...hint, hint).
BB'R666 (mix 3 is almost exclusively from this incredible site, you must go there!)
no longer forgotten music
The Thing On The Doorstep
Here we go...
Mustard Relics Industrial Mix 1
Mustard Relics Industrial Mix 2
Mustard Relics Industrial Mix 3
ENJOY!!! ... or whatever you do to dark, disturbing music.
Here's a couple of tunes off the mixes that I uploaded to youtube...
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b5wCUF1Bc4]
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lbFprkVVFg]
No comments:
Post a Comment