
Realized that it had been a while since posting something here (long enough for a rat to rot). In the words of the Subhumans (UK), "time flies but airplanes crash." My buddy Nazz over at his
Bleedin Out blog, mentioned he had been neglectful as well and great minds think alike so here I am doing the same thing. I went through this long spell hunting down/listening to any kind of industrial music I could get my hands on. A little maddening after a while but I got to thinking...I have a computer, maybe I could create my own sounds. Did a little research on blogs and forums and came up with a program that was initially called Fruity Loops Studio, but is now known simply as
FL Studio. Found myself a copy and have since been trying to get to know the program, which for my simple mind is quite complicated. Anyway, having fun with that and will share some of my digital musings once I have something half way listenable. Meanwhile blog-wise I had been talking to a buddy who is wanting to go the route I have here and pay for a server for his blog instead of having to be a part of the external storage sites fiasco. Told him about my web host and was mentioning that one draw back was that I had a 7mb upload limit. Been doing this for over 5 years now and that's always bugged me, so I finally decided to do something about it. I contacted support and with a lot of help, back and forth communication and hand holding (for some reason they can't just do it for you), I was able to do it. So now I can upload whole files, completely independent of external storage sites, and can post longer tunes at a decent bit rate...woo hoo. Not sure if anybody gives a fuck, still pretty quiet around here, even though I've gotten some great comments and still getting hundreds of hits a day. So, I've got some very important reviews coming up, one, of a forthcoming release from Beef Supreme, a band with some great people and fantastic music, and another, recent release of early demos, from Shower of Smegma, a band that I listened to constantly in the mid 80's. What do you know? This is a music lover's site after all, so anyway, it was Bill Ward's 65th birthday on May 5th, same year as my Mom (1948) and here's him tearing shit up in Paris 1970. Holy shit, he could play the drums...
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtqy4DTHGqg]
No comments:
Post a Comment