No prompting on this review, just sort of stumbled across the music and in my blown-away-ed-ness, I felt compelled to make mention of this fine piece of work. Others have had their say on this opus, including the likes of Downpart, Ghosts of Saturn, Album Weak, and Daughter of Plunder...so whatever I say will probably just be regurgitation, since they all dig the hell out of this record as well. First off, the art work is amazing and really foreshadows the music, emotionally complicated yet starkly blatant. To quote the almighty Cyrus in the movie The Warriors, "Can you dig it?" I can dig it, because from the first few moments into the album you know you're listening to something huge. Almost that raw black metal feel, but not patient enough to be bogged down in the mire. Full steam ahead, raging at times, at others taking time to observe the full moon. For some reason I thought of an opera, or at least as operatic as a fusion of hardcore punk and black metal can get. I wouldn't expect less though from this bunch of seasoned vets, no amateur bullshit. They have a Facebook and I found the CD in a quick search at Profound Lore Records and Amazon. I need to get myself a copy of this bad boy, but I think I want to wait to see if it comes out on vinyl...
[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=668507890 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small]
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8keSZbrxKUU]
No comments:
Post a Comment