Saturday, October 19, 2013

S.P.K. - Despair (Digitally Extracted)

spkIt's no secret round here how fond (such an understatement) I am of SPK (thanx to my old Brother Sang for putting that bug in my ear, quite literally...seems like a lifetime ago). Objectively speaking, they are one of the Godfathers of a whole genre of music that has splintered into so many others, their impact is huge.  As far as I'm concerned, they were the best industrial band (for a while anyway, then they evolved their sound in about 1984, but even then they were inspirational). Vinyl wise, their stuff isn't cheap now-a-days, those first 3 singles especially so. I've been after the Dokument III0 1979 - 1983 boxset for a while now but as far as I can tell it would take over $200 to get my greedy little hands it (may as well be $10,000). 6 LPs of live stuff and the deluxe set has another box with represses of the 1st three 7"s.  EDIT:  I did finally save up enough money on one of my maxed out credit cards to get those greedy little hands on one of them there boxes, in fact I have expanded my SPK collection to include most of their vinyl releases, two boxed sets and the Despair Video... Thanx to Scarebear you can check out this epic video/performance...

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRQXYYoYYXY?list=PL083AC939F40E6796]

No comments:

Post a Comment