[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Jpn6u6iOE]
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Ed Cole - This Way
During the brief period I was playing in bands (1989-94), I had the pleasure of making music with some really cool characters who just happened to be very creative souls and the finest of musicians. One of the bestest of those characters is a man named Ed Cole. I first knew him has Dead Ed, one of the better DJs up at KHSU, then was fortunate enough to have been a co-conspirator in Garden Weasel for an all to brief of a period of time. In the 25 years I've called him a friend, I don't know if I've met a finer human being, he is truly a Mustard Relic. We've listened to his magic before, doing his part in a band called The Underlings, with their Operational Excellence CD, Edgy CD and Vice Squad 7". All excellent listening material. So today, though the blessing/curse that is Facebook, I found out that Mr. Cole, has this solo project in works. I feel like I should have been informed of this personally by Mr. Cole as I am his greatest fan and always knew he had all kinds of solo stuff up his sleeve, but I'll take what I can get. Not only is he an out of this world musician and incredible song writer, but he knows how to compose masterfully...you can't go wrong putting a mandolin and a cello in your tune. This is well worth a listen/viewing (he did the vid too) and to my understanding is a precursor to a full length...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment