EDIT: Had this tucked away in another post (back when I would make these gigantic ungainly rambling dinosaur posts) and decided to give it, it's proper place as a post of it's own...it's that fucking good...it is.
Well my man, "Dead" Ed Cole outdid himself, yet again, and sent me the lastest output from his band The Underlings, their "Vice Squad" 7". No finer way to a music lover's heart than to send him vinyl, you guys who have done that for me know that (thanks again guys). Now I posted The Underlings a while back in the form of their,
Operational Excellence cd and that is some pretty damn good stuff, but this 7" takes it to a whole other level. The cover art is on fucking fire, I stole that scan from the artist, Sean Aaberg, at his
Flickr. Marbled purple wax, beautiful, with an insert. But the music, damn. What you get is one unbelievable catchy, slower one, with two kinda speedy punk things, borderering on hardcore. This is a must have for you guys and it was put out by another old Humboldt buddy, James "the Beast" Forbes (I made the Beast part up because he is such a stud), on his own
Meth Bog Records. I think you can get it from that site or definitely directly from him, checks/money orders to J Forbes, $5.50 ppd at 515 Silva Ave., Eureka, Ca. 95503. I'll give you one tune, which was tough to pick just one, but I really want this thing to sell the fuck out. Check the catchy, slower one,
The Underlings - Vice Squad
http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=2095380033/size=medium/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/transparent=true/
No comments:
Post a Comment