Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Instigation - No Way Out 7"

INSTHere we go coming full circle again, like a slammin' tour of the pit, in that hardcore punk kinda way, with my buddies straight out of Tokyo/Kobe/London/Shanghai, The Instigation. I've sung my praises before when they blessed my ears with their S/T 7". Here was my response to Toshi, "You guys really blew me away with this latest one, tighter, harder, insane.  This is even better than the first one, may have to see if I can scrape the money together to buy one.  The Reagan Youth cover kills it man,  you guys did song justice.  No karaoke bullshit, you made it your own and put the Instigators twist to it." This is hands down some of the best modern hardcore going these days, at least what I've heard. The singer's got this Japanese/English (the England kind) accent thing going, and he's not growling, he's yelling with flair. The band tears right through these tunes, without missing a single beat and before you know it the thing is over. Everyone is as solid as granite in the Instigation, but I gotta say the guitar player really blows me away. He manages to do his mandatory hardcore chords lightning fast, but in between he his plucking these notes, it's like there's two of him. As I said they kill this Reagan Youth cover, you can watch the blisters popping up it's so hot.  Back when I was playing music we always had at least one  cover on the set list.  Covers can tell a guy where your roots are and give you the opportunity for some wild interpretations.  The Instigation do Dave Insurgent proud.  This 7" is proof that it's time for the band to do a full length LP...I think they can pull it off as there's enough variety and creativity going on that it wouldn't get boring or repetitive...just fucking raging. They've got a Bandcamp and a Facebook, go visit them and tell them you heard it here first.  That murderous cover... [audio mp3="http://mustard-relics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/BTB002-SideB-02-DegeneratedReagan-Youth-Cover.mp3"][/audio] http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=4048981598/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/tracklist=false/artwork=small/transparent=true/

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF9RrQbuQQo]

No comments:

Post a Comment