Howdy, get along little doggies and whatnot. Been using up all my free computer time with this electro-compilation CD I'm going to be releasing soon and sadly completely forgot about the blog, which was the inspiration for doing the comp in the first place. Most of the music has been submitted and it's eclectic electric as all get out. Every composition is verify-ably excellent, and exclusive to this comp...like visiting a bunch of different planets. It's unreal how much talent has crossed my path and infected my brain. Finally got a bid from a CD duplication outfit that fit my pocketbook and they won't be making a stink about sampling and asking my Mom for permission slips. It's gonna be a numbered edition of 200, most of which will be going to the artists but I will be trying to sell some to break even, so start saving your change in the piggy bank. More info as it comes...
Really wanted to put this one in the Humboldt category, NoMeansNo were pretty much a regularly playing band up there, almost locals really, but unfortunately those cool cats were (are) Victoria/Vancouver band. Their shows run together in my mind, so I don't remember specifics except that these guys are specifically one of the best live acts ever. They play their instruments like they were born with them in their hands, unparalleled, and as a group they are unbeatably tight. I had that same feeling watching them that I had seeing some of the jazz-fusion greats, utter amazement, no dancing for me, completely captivated. You end up asking yourself, is this real, are they really doing that? Out of the blue, my Bro Ed (one of the biggest NMN fans I know) did a solid and offered up this recording to me (and the flyer to boot), and me being your benefactor, I am offering it up to you...
No Means No Live in Blue Lake 1990 pt 1
1. Long days 2. Junk 3, Brainless wonder 4. The Tower 5. Dark Ages
No Means No Live in Blue Lake 1990 pt 21. 2 lips, 2 lungs and 1 tongue 2. Rags and Bones 3. Victory 4. The day everything became nothing 5. I am wrong pt 1
No Means No Live in Blue Lake 1990 pt 31. I am wrong pt 2 2. Body Bag 3. No sex, only fucking 4. Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment