Rafa, (owner/proprietor of world famous Pokez, a must stop place to eat if you're in San Diego, 10th & E, downtown), of Prayers, along with the other half of the dynamic duo, Dave Parley, have created another masterpiece of cholo goth, SD killwave darkness. Hopping back and forth from SD to LA has become as regular as the sunset, but they recently opened up for the Cult at several shows, including San Francisco and Las Vegas, these guys are fucking hot right now. So what do they do, throw another pallet on the bonfire, and come out with their epic Gothic Summer EP. So far I've only heard the title track (broke is the word that describes my life this week), but you can pick up this piece of bad-ass-ery at CD Baby. You get more of their patented minimalism with a song that is so catchy, after first listen, it'll be tatted on your brain, Dave is an absolute mastermind when it comes to beats and melodies, while Rafa has this angelic (don't be deceived) voice that sounds as if he is really singing a prayer. I asked these guys to be a part of the electronic comp tape I'm looking at releasing, but I think they've moved on to bigger and better things, I see these guys just getting bigger. I want nothing but well deserved happiness and success for Prayers. This here vid is really something else, on top of the amazing tune, you get visually stimulated with something that is very underground having Prayers written all over it, and done so extremely well, you'd think you were watching a vid on Mtv back when they played vids. Enjoy the vid, but beware, as I said, catchy as fuck...
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3iovOkAFA8&w=560&h=315]
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2PVy0UP1F0&w=560&h=315]
Sunday, July 13, 2014
Prayers - Gothic Summer
Rafa, (owner/proprietor of world famous Pokez, a must stop place to eat if you're in San Diego, 10th & E, downtown), of Prayers, along with the other half of the dynamic duo, Dave Parley, have created another masterpiece of cholo goth, SD killwave darkness. Hopping back and forth from SD to LA has become as regular as the sunset, but they recently opened up for the Cult at several shows, including San Francisco and Las Vegas, these guys are fucking hot right now. So what do they do, throw another pallet on the bonfire, and come out with their epic Gothic Summer EP. So far I've only heard the title track (broke is the word that describes my life this week), but you can pick up this piece of bad-ass-ery at CD Baby. You get more of their patented minimalism with a song that is so catchy, after first listen, it'll be tatted on your brain, Dave is an absolute mastermind when it comes to beats and melodies, while Rafa has this angelic (don't be deceived) voice that sounds as if he is really singing a prayer. I asked these guys to be a part of the electronic comp tape I'm looking at releasing, but I think they've moved on to bigger and better things, I see these guys just getting bigger. I want nothing but well deserved happiness and success for Prayers. This here vid is really something else, on top of the amazing tune, you get visually stimulated with something that is very underground having Prayers written all over it, and done so extremely well, you'd think you were watching a vid on Mtv back when they played vids. Enjoy the vid, but beware, as I said, catchy as fuck...
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3iovOkAFA8&w=560&h=315]
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2PVy0UP1F0&w=560&h=315]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment