Saturday, November 29, 2014

Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment - Sunday Candy

chance_socexpMy boy Chance has crossed my path again with some of his special brand of music, my own boy turned me onto him way back when and now he's on my radar. As I did back then, after I listened to some of his newest work, I continue to find myself amazed. I don't know too much about the genre, but I feel like this guy is a one of a kind type of spirit, at times deeply rooted here on earth and other time soaring through the clouds. The young man is definitely putting in his time and surrounds himself with other like minded creative minds. On this latest tour, he's been doing a cover of the theme song for the cartoon Arthur (I remember watching that show with my son back in the late 90s), "Wonderful Everyday". On the studio version, among others, it features Wyclef Jean. Such a thoughtfully optimistic and cheerful song... Chance the Rapper & The Social Experiment - Wonderful Everyday: Arthur Most recently, as in I just heard about it the other day a new tune and another forth coming album (mixtape?) called "Surf". I laid the tune on my son Liam, for his thoughts and his reply, "I don't know about you but I loved it...so fresh so new...so different." No lie huh, Chance is like the first person to set foot on another planet, and his reply back to us is in his music. This newest tune/release is called Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment and features Chance with three other like minded folks (the back up female vocalist Jamila Woods has an otherworldly voice). This thing is pretty much like anything Chance has a hand in, solid, as in a solid block of gold... Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment - Sunday Candy

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/178525956" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]

No comments:

Post a Comment