
Well my favorite Finnish aging punk rockers
D@D are it again, this time with their first slab-o-wax. I sat on this thing way too long, seems to be the norm these days, and this release is old news now, although the music is farm fresh. My delayed response to Karstein (my contact in the band) was, "You guys have really outdone yourselves with this EP. The same Dad character, but with some superior recording/mixing. Your voice reminds me a bit of the Glen Danzig (I mean that in the best possible way as I am a huge fan of his early stuff with the Misfits)." His response to me was, "I´m a huge fan of crooners like Dean Martin, Sinatra n Elvis," and you know I can hear that in is voice, he's got a hell of a set of pipes. The band itself is really tight on this new recording and there's some variety in their sound, ranging from mid-tempo almost pop punk to straight up hardcore ragers. And this band is a lot of fun, not silly or stupid, they're not idiots, they are my contemporaries causing middle aged mayhem. As they put it in their
Press Release, "The credo of “three chords and the truth” still applies. That’s why we’re not gonna pretend we’re young delinquents being hassled by the man. Fuck that. We’re suburban parents in our early 40s. We OWN our mediocrity and unhipness and we’ll make good use of it." Put these guys in the punk category and as they put it, "Punkrock is at best geezer culture and Dad is here to prove it." If I could ever get these guys to come to NoWhere Kansas I'd have them play at my house for a barbeque. Fave tune...
"You Broke My Stuff"
[audio mp3="http://mustard-relics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/07-You-Broke-My-Stuff.mp3"][/audio]
The more things I own
The more the things own me
The more things I own
The more the things own me
The more things I own
I DON´T MIND THAT
YOU BROKE MY STUFF
YOU BROKE MY STUFF
I shouldn´t attach myself to stuff
I got more than enough
I shouldn´t attach myself to stuff
I got more than enough
BUT I LIKED THAT
YOU BROKE MY STUFF
YOU BROKE MY STUFF
You broke my guitar
I liked that guitar!
You broke my door!
Who the hell breaks doors?
You ripped my books to pieces
You ripped my books to pieces
You
ripped
my
books
to
pieces
YOU RIPPED MY BOOKS TO PIECES!
YOU BROKE MY STUFF
YOU BROKE MY STUFF
YOU BROKE MY STUFF
YOU BROKE MY STUFF
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COYeI3ABE8Y&w=560&h=315]
No comments:
Post a Comment