Sunday, February 1, 2015
Bog Oak - A Treatise On Resurrection And The Afterlife
My old and dear Humboldt friend Karin turned me onto this band recently, her old man sings/guitars/basses and whatnot. Fit very well into my present musical identity as I'm kind of going through this Doom Metal phase at the moment. These guys are pretty tough to nail down as far as a sub-genre of the very varied Post-Metal scene and I'm no expert and really does it matter? I do like the black metal vibe that's somewhere in the mix, the vocals and guitar tone lend themselves toward that. Lyrically, I can't make out most of it but I feel like I'm listening to some shaman in a Celtic tribe recounting tales that have been told for a thousand generations. Something that makes the band stand out is this mix of a dark growled male vocal mixed with otherworldly siren singing, as if Hades and Aphrodite were singing a song together. This thing is just about sold the fuck out if you want a hard copy, I got one of the last green vinyl editions, all the vinyl is gone actually, and as of today there were 7 copies of the CD left, go check their Bandcamp...
https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=880459924/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/tracklist=false/transparent=true/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment