Monday, December 5, 2022

He That Watches They



I think this picture says a lot about me and my life...I want to say that this isn't the life that I chose but it's exactly fucking that...I am that guy...haha.  There's probably many of us out there, but as Crass said in the song Big A Little A...
Be exactly who you want to be,
Do what you want to do.
I am he and she is she,
But you're the only you.


...as I said in the last post. "We shall be seeing more of Billy Nomates around here, just you wait and see."  Love this bassline and the song itself is so fucking me...
ah fuck it i quit the future
immʼa live in the past
what’s it to ya?
things where better
i was younger
a little thinner
cos i has hunger
silver platter future
you have spoiled your youth
they have debilitating choice
they got a megaphone for their unheard voice

back in my day i had nothing
we lived in happy misery
we lived in happy misery
we lived in happy misery
ah come off it
those machines are gunna eat you first
i want no part of the modern world
cos that bubbleʼs gunna burst
i remember the summer of 81ʼ
i was tanned and sleeping with everyone
i got a job in the factory around a month later
i lived off 80 pound a week for that gruellin labour
but we actually danced on a friday night
we smoked inside the pub and we started old fashioned fights
well thatchers britain it was hard it was grim
but i only wanna visit the places iʼve already been

back in my day i had nothing
we lived in happy misery
we lived in happy misery
we lived in happy misery
Unfortunately I did not properly announce it the minute I started using it as a header, but "asi es la vida", as they say, and nevertheless, I'm proud of the new art done by my multitalented and brilliant pal, Josh Hanson.  How fucking perfect is that, it pays to surround yourself with wonderful people!  Josh is a former Humboldt resident and for the life of me I can't remember how we reconnected, probably in the circle of hell reserved for facebook users.

My pal Erio, former fellow vocalist of WD-40, sent me this vid a while back of his Son's band, Rad-X doing a GBH cover...not fucking too shabby gentlemen!  That's his boy on guitar...

Check the article @ "Red Hot Chili Peppers Interrupts Tour to Play Free Closed Concert in Hoopa
By David Garrison and Allie Hostler, Two Rivers Tribune."  This (the picture above is from one of their first shows a long time ago) was attended by a host of different friends from the old Humboldt days and was quite the event not only in a Humboldt sense but also in the grand scheme of things.  My pal Gage, the first person I met when I moved into the dorms in college, has been the tour manager for RHCP for quite some time now.  When I heard about it the day before the show, I texted him, "Nicely done Gage!"  His response was, "Thanks man. I'm a nut for doing this."  :)


Just put this up on the fucking tube...you can't go wrong with a little One Man Running


I encourage y'all to read the The Garden Weasel Diaries if ya have minute or 60.  Anyway this may be my favorite tune I ever did with them...again not too fucking shabby...in my book...if I do say so myself.

Red flame Green flower 
Psychedelic Fucking power 
Coming from the dirt Who does it hurt 
The mellow criminal Is not a cannibal 
No death is dealt No hate is felt 
The wrong is right Like a green light 
Numb body Mellow mood 
Glutton hungry Fucking food 
Coming from the dirt Who does it hurt 
The mellow criminal Is not a cannibal 
No death is dealt No hate is felt 
The wrong is right Like a green light 
it sez go...to... 
A place that's real 
Where you can feel 
A burden released 
Need no red lights 
Block cannabis rights 
It can't be policed 
Back watching Eye popper 
Behind bars Fucking copper 
Dim Future Sleepy head 
Good citizen Fucking dead 
Back watching Eye popper 
Behind bars Fucking copper 
Dim Future Sleepy head 
Good citizen Fucking dead 
Coming from the dirt Who does it hurt 
The mellow criminal Is not a cannibal 
No death is dealt No hate is felt 
The wrong is right Like a green light

Been sitting on this post way too long...let's wrap it up...this goes out to my pal Ellen Magnolia!



No comments:

Post a Comment