Well I hadn't posted our demo yet and Boner requested to hear CAH because it was his favorite song, so here it is. Ed had to send this to me along with the track listing, because I couldn't find my copy, and don't have the original insert. I do have the original drawing Alex did for the cover (above) which I love, it pretty much was the band at that time. I remember this being a long pain in the ass to record but once again check out the Dead Ed link to get more accurate details. I can't even imagine what these big time bands do in the studio for weeks and months at a time. The project itself as with most demo tapes was completely DIY and a lot of work went into the making of it. I don't remember how many we made but I think around 100. I like some songs on here especially the ones other people collaborated on. How could you not like John Quitner's (of 50 Foot Hesher, et al) Stoner Fetus with "Lock up the ding dongs and hide your corn, I was taking bong hits before I was born". He also wrote Soapscum another silly satirical one. Questions, Match wrote and probably could have been our hit if we had a different singer, or a singer instead of a screamer. We never were looking for hits though as long as one or two people enjoyed what we were doing. I will never forget when I had Match come up and sing the tune at a gig at the Jambalaya. I changed how I sang the song after that because he showed me how to do it right. Understand was a ska/punk thing and along with Out of the Car one of my favorite songs. Without Direction was a WD40 tune, you should go to that post and listen to the difference. I like them both. Anyway give this piece of history a listen and maybe you'll like a song or two.
Stoner Fetus In One Ear Alone CAH Questions You’re Not Me Understand Soap Opera What Has Gone Before Without Direction I Want To Conform Soapscum Look And Judge Acting Up Out Of The Car Green And Yellow (not on the original tape but recorded at the same session) End of Tape
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdiVJThErtg&w=560&h=315]
No comments:
Post a Comment