Well I haven't done a reggae post yet so here is the better half of the Leaping Frog compilation on VP Records. I don't know much about any of the artists except to say that each track is a sort of a different mix of the same basic track. The artists themselves make each track different. You'll have to give them a listen to hear what I mean. Most of my friends don't like reggae but next to hardcore it is my favorite kind of music. One person told me that there is balance to be found in the two. I don't blame my friends really, because the wanna be hippies of Humboldt County kind of ruined that, but I know several of my friends joined me at a Reggae On The River or two down in Garberville. Who was with me at the one reggae festival down in Berkeley when a cop took a giant 1/4 once bud away from Rob? Whatever happened to him? I have to credit Gage with turning me on to the genre with Yellowman. I had a chance to see him not too much later down in Berkeley (1987?). Probably in the top ten of concerts I've ever seen (I saw Siouxsie the next night and that was in my top ten too). I'll have to post my Yellowman/Fathead stuff in the future. Give these guys a listen and maybe you'll like a song or two. My favorite on this one is Screeche Joe, the lyrics are definitely a Mustard Relic.
No comments:
Post a Comment