Friday, January 18, 2008

Dirty Rotten Imbeciles

Well this is kind of a lame post in that I am offering nothing directly from my collection, but I had to do some DRI.  I do own the Dirty Rotten EP, the Dirty Rotten LP, the Violent Pacification EP and Dealing With It but those are all on vinyl and I am still absent a turntable that works.

In about 1984 DRI were my first exposure to really fast hardcore.  I mean they just blew me away.  This band had so much to say and so much music for you in very little time.  I played the Dirty Rotten LP over and over again, trying to read along with the lyrics.  I just couldn't keep up and that just left me more in awe of the band.  When they completely crossed over I was really disappointed, even though there were metal bands I liked at the time.  I just thought that you either played metal or punk but not both at the same time.  On top of that I just didn't like the way they sounded anymore.  Now my point of view is totally different and I think bands can change, evolve or do whatever pleases them.  Just like when Bad Religion came out with Into The Unknown.  If I don't like the sound of a band now then I won't complain, I just won't buy their stuff.  I still don't think DRI played very good metal, but that's my opinion of course.

Searching the web and sites that I already enjoy I found most of the stuff I have plus a little extra.  These sites probably offer a little better sound quality anyway.  Be sure and leave a comment for them if you get a chance.

drilphttp://deathtofalseblogs.blogspot.com/2006/08/dri-dirty-rotten-lp.html dealinghttp://punknotprofit.blogspot.com/2007/12/dri-dealing-with-it.html

This is one of my favorite sites and he actually has stuff that I never heard before, the 1982 Demo.

http://loresviscera.blogspot.com/2007/08/dirty-rotten-imbeciles.html Here are a few tunes you can listen to directly from the Live at CBGB's from 1984.  I got these from the DRI website here, http://www.dirtyrottenimbeciles.com/ .  Hopefully you'l like a song or two as I plan on getting this CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment