Sunday, January 20, 2008

Yellowman / Fathead - Bootleg

yellow fat The King Yellowman must have a thousand record releases but I thought I would bring you what I think is a rare one.  The above album cover is not the record I have on tape but it has seven songs in common.  My buddy Dirty Steve had this bootleg record with no labels and just plain white everywhere.  He told me it was super rare and I liked it so I made a recording.  I really don't know anything else about it.  I have searched the record stores for more stuff like it and know that Yellowman and Fathead did several recordings together.  I have another one on CD that I may post at a later time.

I had another really good Yellowman Fathead CD but I loaned it to a neighbor and the asshole took it with him when he moved out.  At the time I was living in these apartments in San Diego.  The CDC (Center for Disease Control) rented out several of the apartments as a half way house for Tuberculosis patients.  The only place I've heard more coughing is in the smoking section of a bingo parlor.  These TB patients couldn't leave the apartments because they were still kind of contagious so I would go out and buy liquor and party with them.  These were the only people I would hang out with except my Native brother Tom who didn't have TB but lived in the apartments too.  During this time I was drinking 3 fifths of rum a day and was in pretty bad shape.  One of the TB patients caught me talking to the plants one time when I was detoxing pretty hard.  Not the best of times for Mustard.  Anyway give these tunes a listen and maybe you'll like one or two.

01 ? Barn Yard For Your Eyes Only Water Rock Tourist Season badly scratched 06 ? Don’t Call Me Daddy Donkey Want Water To The Bump 10 ?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment