Thursday, January 10, 2008

D.Y.S. - Brotherhood

BrotherhoodFeeling kinda straightedge today so I thought I would post some DYS.  Actually I am straightedge everyday now except for the coffee and cigarettes.  I do actually have this 12", which I have seen sell for $150 on ebay (that may be what I do with it if I ever need the $$).  I got it from Ron of Naturecore back in the mid 80s for a couple of bucks along with several others like the Nihilistics 7".  Ron was a super cool guy who turned me on to a lot of cool punk rock ideas and music.  I also have the Fire & Ice CD, which when I got it, I thought was going to get some more good tunes by a band that I already knew was good.  I was wrong...other than the Brotherhood tracks the CD totally sucked.  I am not too familiar with the whole Boston scene, where these guys are from, but from what I understand, like a lot of scenes it sucked as time went on.  You know, no matter where you go you have assholes trying to beat you down and Boston was no different from LA, New York or so many other scenes in the 80s. The macho-ization of hardcore. My old buddy Erich, infamous or legendary, depending on what camp your from, would call it boyscout hardcore. Anyway, the links I had to the album are long gone, you can listen to all the tracks off the 12" on YT, they had this live vid of the title track from way back when... [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MZHXku6UDs&w=560&h=315]

No comments:

Post a Comment