Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Give 'Em The Boot 2

Boot2 This is just a cool comp on Hellcat Records released in 1999.  You can get the whole thing here, http://www.hell-cat.com/ .  Good record label site.  I like these mixed comps where it's not just one music type even though there is a general flavor.  This one has that reggae hardcore feeling going on and has several songs by Rancid or it's band members contributing to other singers.  I am not a big Rancid fan, even though I saw them at one of those Warped Tour all day kind of things with like 10 or 15 bands.  I can't remember most of it because I was too drunk.  I liked Operation Ivy a hell of a lot more and got to see them in Humboldt at HSU along with some other not so good Lookout bands.  I remember this wanna be skinhead local thought he was going to steal Slam's boots.  I was going to let him try but I decided to save him an ass beating.  Early on before Slam would decide to be your friend he would put you in a pretty brutal choke hold until you passed out.  I'm sure a lot of my friends remember that.  After that you were a friend for life.  This is still in print so I'm just going to post my favorite songs.  Maybe you'll like a song or two.

EDIT: Links deleted for fear of the copyright police...

...a couple of faves from the record...

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZD_Ofq9t8g]

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcYdrZoFcFM]

No comments:

Post a Comment