Friday, January 4, 2008

Infest - Slave

Well I've been wanting to do this post for a while and without a doubt Infest was my favorite hardcore band.  If DRI had not of crossed over, and don't get me wrong I like some metal but DRI sucked at metal, they would have been doing the stuff Infest did.  Two old buddies of mine from junior high Ron K. and Bob K., after high school, got me into these guys when they first came out.  I have most of their stuff on cassette.  Later on I got the split flexi with PHC and the Live on WMFU.  Ron and Bob were some pretty nutty characters in the LA hardcore scene back in the late 80's.  I wish I had access to their collections or was even still in contact with them.  Match is my only friend that would know or remember them.  These guys would go to shows anytime anywhere as long as fast music was being played and they were always making bootlegs.  Fenders in Long Beach, parties in East LA or Pacoima, the Olympic, wherever.  They would get their asses kicked and still come back for more.  I have all kinds of stories about these guys but I will save them for another time...

EDIT:  I did get a hold of Bob who is doing great last I heard, unfortunately Ron died of cancer several years ago... EDIT:  Links deleted for fear of copyright police...go give your money to iTunes or something...

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r93BDD96b_Q&w=790&h=593]

No comments:

Post a Comment