Sunday, January 20, 2008

(NYC) Mayhem - Live

buddha Thanx to Seeing Red (see my links) for this picture.  That site has a fantastic layout and content.  You know this picture is so intense to me and somehow stands out from the rest of the great pictures they have there.  Like so many there it's a pretty powerful image.  The ultimate statement and he just looks so serene.  In a weird way it makes me think of suicide bombers although except for killing themselves they have very little in common.  How many people in America would be willing to do that?  I know they say that soldiers are willing to lay down their lives but I think they are really hoping they are going to luck out and live. I really have no idea about this post except that I got it in about 1987 from Ron K. and Bob K.  They, especially Ron used to turn me on to stuff they thought I might like all the time.  Mayhem fell into the category of bands I liked in the hardcore vein.  While I was uploading this I looked all over the place for any mention of them and found nothing except here, http://damagingnoise.blogspot.com/ .  This site has a lot of really good stuff (even SPK, Sang).  Well give this a listen and maybe you'll like a song or two.  I listened to the songs after posting this and apologize about the sound quality.  I had it red lining when I recorded it onto the computer and have it on 320kbs.  Still good stuff I hope. Not Nailed In Insecure Violent City Phony Businessman Body Bags Corrupted SPT Savage Potato Thrash The Life Of Riley

 

No comments:

Post a Comment