Sunday, January 20, 2008

VA - Message From America Hardcore Has Come Of Age

[gallery ids="664,663,662,462" type="rectangular"]

I can't stand bullfighting or the running of the bulls, for a variety of reasons but I like these pictures.  If you've ever watched a bullfight from beginning to end, you know that the bull is tormented and tortured for a long time before the matador even enters the picture.  By the time the matador shows up the bull is so exhausted you can hardly recognize him from the figure of energy and power he once was.  For those of you that don't know spanish, mata means kill and when you dor you have killer.  Maybe it's a cultural thing but I can't believe a guy whose got his nuts squeezed into a pair of tights, killing a tired bull is macho.  It's bullshit.

On to another post I don't know and could not find anything out about.  Maybe I just don't know how to look.  This just a good east coast hardcore comp.  I recorded this from an LP up at KHSU back in college.  The radio station at the university had an extensive punk and hardcore section thanx to some right thinking individuals.  I used to record stuff there all the time.  I remember after we played Capital Punishment's, Jodi (is my bloody love) on the air the station manager scratched up that side of the 7".  Yet another asshole who just didn't understand.  I think the AF tracks are a different recording than you may have heard before.  I played this album or at least parts of it over and over again.  Little did I know that the song Living In The Streets by Seizure would be relevant to me later in life.  I really was a loser.  Anyway this is a great comp and I hope you enjoy a tune or two...

EDIT: I've had this post up for 7 years and to this day have never gotten a complaint about it.  Recently I uploaded the album to Youtube, thinking some folx there might want to here it.  Well, yesterday got the message below from YT saying the tunes had been taken down.  I respect that, if you don't want your out of print shit out there for people to enjoy, that is your right, all props for blessing it with us in the first place.  Rather than getting a complaint here, knowing they don't want their shit out there, I have taken down all the tunes.  If you look for it you can find it out there (just bought one for $20 on Discogs), but for now it will just be a Mustard Relics mystery...

Due to a copyright takedown notice that we received, we had to take down your video from YouTube:

Video title: Message From America Hardcore Has Come of Age Video url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCkqYbgxj1g Takedown issued by: Urinal Records

This means that your video can no longer be played on YouTube, and you may have lost access to some features of YouTube.

You received a copyright strike

You now have 1 copyright strike. Getting multiple copyright strikes can lead to the termination of your account and the removal of all your videos. To avoid that from happening, please don’t upload videos that contain copyrighted content that you aren’t allowed to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment