
A couple doodles I did when I was a substitute teacher about four years ago. Sometimes the teachers would have something for me to do with the class and other times I was just a babysitter. I liked subbing for Lee, an art teacher who is now a local tattoo artist, because I got to do art with the kids. Physical Education was fun too because I would always have the kids play dodgeball. When I would do the 9th graders there were the popular jock kids who thought they were so good but the best one at dogeball was this chubby short kid who always got picked on. He could catch most of the balls thrown at him and the ones he couldn't he easily dodged. He also had a pretty good arm and would bean the crap out of kids that picked on him. It brought me back to my school days. I never picked on anyone and for whatever reason I never got picked on either. I hung out with the stoners that would later become gangsters in junior high and in high school I was one of the punks. The punks at Burbank High seemed to get along with everyone. We used to smoke cigarettes across the street in this parking lot while the stoner/gangsters would smoke weed off in a hidden corner. When the school cop would roll up we would give a whistle so those guys knew the cops were coming. Good times.

Anybody remember Urban Dance Squad? I know, lame big record label band, but this was what was going on for a bit there. Rap mixed heavy rock. This was before Rage Against The Machine. I don't know a whole lot about them except for what I read here,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_Dance_Squad and this is the only thing that I have by them, which is a promo CD for the album, Life 'N Perspectives Of A Genuine Crossover. Some of my Bro's in college were really into these guys and I guess they grew on me too. Maybe you might like a song or two.
Mr. Ezway
Wino The Medicine Man
Comeback
Son Of Tha Culture Clash
No comments:
Post a Comment