Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dieselhed

dieselhed This post goes out to the Leftoverking.  Dieselhed was not a Humboldt band but because some of the members were up there playing music when I was, I have included them in the Humboldt category (or did they get their start in Humboldt and move shortly afterward...hmmm...I don't fucking know anymore).  I knew Zach from the dorms and thought he was a pretty trippy guy but I don't remember seeing him too much after that first year.  Virgil was around for most of the time I lived up there playing in various bands including Brent's TV.  Very artsy types of guys and that's kind of where this band was at.  The drummer I think was in Mr. Bungle who were just okay to me (I'l do a couple of posts on them later).  Actually Tre the guitar player was the only member I knew from that band besides the singer Mike who for some reason rubbed me the wrong way.  Dieselhed also, for some period of time had the violinist from Camper Van Beethoven in the band too.  The only time I ever saw these guys play was in San Diego in the mid 90's, I think openning up for Link Wray.  They had a really good set of catchy songs.  It was a total honor to see Link play with them. EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police...go give your money to iTunes or something... EDIT:  This post was (is) a bunch of gobbly gook and I started to edit/fix it but what's the point.  Dieselhed was an incredible band and if'n you want to see/hear them there are a ton of live/studio tracks available.  I did see Zach a few years back in Denver as he was/is playing in the Cambodian styled rock band Dengue Fever.  Talked to him after the show and he was as trippy as ever... Zack & I

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVRur8Uagls?list=PLNaLij4_HQFI6nNS5tCdmnhBpZOW3-vCL]

No comments:

Post a Comment