Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tormentor - Live Fender's Ballroom 1986

Teeth Okay no more whining, just music and stories.  I got replies from my two favorite bloggers (Good Bad Music & Lo Res Viscera), three really good old friends (Ed, Brian, & Match), and one of the best commentors I've read all over the place (Fernando).  From now on I am like an old juke box with no money in it, after a while it just plays whatever it wants to and just waits.  The picture above has nothing to do with the post, I just don't like posts without pictures.

Well, my wife and I had a great weekend, movies, nature, dogs, country drive, etc.  It was nice to do our own thing and get away from the work grind.  All in all one of the best weekends I've had in a while.  Do not rent "The Fear: Halloween Night".  We are gluttons for horror movies but this one really sucked.

This post is for Brian F. (I was going to do some Mr. Bungle for you but I need to rip it from the tapes yet).  I got this tape back in about 86 or 87 from, you guessed it, Bob and Ron.  As I've said, these guys would go anywhere to catch a band with "some real speed".  A little heavy on the cheesy satan stuff, but all in all a pretty good metal band, I think.  On my tape, after this recording came the Mystery Live Band from my previous post.  I don't think I'll ever find out who that was.  When I looked on the net for any info on this band there were a few Tormentor's but I don't think any of them are this band.  This was an LA band at an LA party that also had Celtic Frost playing.  I don't know the song titles but on a few the singer kind of mutters them.  The tracks that are missing are extended periods of talking, with no music.  My personal favorite is #7, an instrumental.  I hope you dig a tune or two.

EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police...go give your money to iTunes or something...

http://www.foadrecords.it/index.php/category/fcdn-tormentor/

No comments:

Post a Comment