
I am a big time coffee drinker, always have been, going back to when I was really young and my Cuban godparents would give me Cafe con Leche. Breakfast every morning consisted of a bowl of corn flakes (the Tony the Tiger variety) and a cup of really strong coffee, equal part warmed milk and several spoons of sugar. Good stuff. When I was in the band WD-40, we played a song called
Caffeine that Steve wrote. "Too much caffeine maybe I'm a feind, I don't need a cigarette if you know what I mean". Slam should remember when we worked together on the grounds crew, drinking stong coffee with Dennis and talking about his experiences in Vietnam. Dennis was there as one of Kennedy's "advisors" back in the early 60's and had some pretty wild stories to tell. He was pretty psychologically messed up from the whole experience. I should do a post sometime about his stories. Anyway back to coffee. As I said before I am a big time coffee drinker. Here in NoWhere Kansas, one thing people do besides drink alcohol and start making babies at an early age, is have people over for coffee. This is something I really enjoy doing is having coffee and visiting with people. You end up talking about every subject imaginable, depending on who you're having coffee with, but the flow of conversation usually ends up with religion, politics, philosophy and how these relate to country living. Hell, my cousins own a coffee shop about an 1/2 hour north of where I live, with good, expensive coffee drinks to be had. My wife and I will drive an hour away to go get groceries two times a month and that trip always includes getting a good cup of coffee. Another thing I like to do is check out people's coffee pots, hence the above picture. We have a Bunn at home that we got as a wedding present, which I like because it makes a quick pot and when I want my coffee, I want it now (that's the old doper alcoholic in me). The above picture was taken at the local firestation. The usual cheap office coffee pot you see all the time, but what I thought was interesting was that they had their biohazzard containers right next to it. These containers were full and actually in the blurry picture you can see that they had their Gevalia coffee sitting on top of one of them. Good for a sort of weird sick laugh I thought.
Just the one song above on this post, which is actually from one of my first posts, the WD-40 demo that you should check out (not bad if I say so myself for a bunch of skate rats). More music on the next post I promise. There's 75 posts worth of music so far on this site and several of them have no comments. Now that my site is back up and running, (you don't know how happy I am about that) you should listen to some tunes and tell me what's up even if you think the music sucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment