Wikipedia says, "Creedle was an avant-jazz-punk-art-damaged band" and rather than try to be creative I will just go with that. This buddy of mine Chris Squire, turned me onto the whole music scene in San Diego, ie. the Casbah (a "hip" night club, before there was such a thing as hipsters), and of course like a brick of gold to the side of the head, Creedle. I ended up seeing Creedle play several times, at several local venues, but was blown the fuck away at that first show. Wanna say that you have to be a musician to appreciate this band, you don't of course, it just helps. Every show I saw they were super tight, complicated and full of energy. I don't even know who to compare them to, maybe No Means No, Jesus Lizard ??? You tell me. If you like these guys, ya know, solid as a fucking rock, you should go buy some of their stuff. I see the band has a myspace HERE.
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qe9kp4pfQk&w=560&h=315]
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Creedle - Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars
Wikipedia says, "Creedle was an avant-jazz-punk-art-damaged band" and rather than try to be creative I will just go with that. This buddy of mine Chris Squire, turned me onto the whole music scene in San Diego, ie. the Casbah (a "hip" night club, before there was such a thing as hipsters), and of course like a brick of gold to the side of the head, Creedle. I ended up seeing Creedle play several times, at several local venues, but was blown the fuck away at that first show. Wanna say that you have to be a musician to appreciate this band, you don't of course, it just helps. Every show I saw they were super tight, complicated and full of energy. I don't even know who to compare them to, maybe No Means No, Jesus Lizard ??? You tell me. If you like these guys, ya know, solid as a fucking rock, you should go buy some of their stuff. I see the band has a myspace HERE.
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qe9kp4pfQk&w=560&h=315]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment