Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Dr. Know - This Island Earth/Wreckage In Flesh

wreckageOkay, before you rush to make a comment on this one, I know that old Nardcore, Mystic, Dr. Know with Brandon Cruz singing is much better than this.  This one has sentimental value and I guess everything I post on here does in one way or another.  For what they are I dig both of these albums.  I actually had a chance 7 or 8 years ago to catch the Dead Kennedys (band) with Brandon singing.  Without Jello it's just not the Dead Kennedys, putting all that legal crap aside, but I thought Brandon did a really good job.  Of course I was stupid drunk like I used to be all the time so who knows.  When Slam and I lived together up in Kneeland we used to listen to this cd all the time.  There was a time there for a while in the early 90's where you could get two or more albums on one cd all the time.  I really like This Island Earth but the song we used to listen to all the time was Lake Of Fire from Wreckage in flesh.  How could you go wrong with lyrics like "charging from this hallow earth, geothermal red alert", sung in a high falsetto?  Slam and I were usually pretty out of it during this time in one way or another, but you could hear this cranking out of our shack in the mountains.  I think we half way did it to piss off our hippy neighbors.  Our friends up in Humboldt should remember those days for at least the barbeques we used to have featuring shark tacos.  Does anybody remember Slam and the jalapenos.  There's probably lots to be remembered that went on up there but we'll leave those crazy times alone. Dr KThere's something about this picture that makes me want to crack up, but I too in my lifetime sported the long hair (I don't think I was this pretty though).  It's all good.  I found this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Know_(band), which makes for a good read and this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=119z6N5OMvo .  I will post some older Dr. Know later on but for now enjoy this (or not)... EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police...go give your money to iTunes or something...

That "hit"... [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3d6iSSIyd8&w=790&h=593]

No comments:

Post a Comment