Monday, March 10, 2008

Cypress Hill

ch-bonesI mentioned these guys a while back and it turned out that a bunch of us had all gone to see them at the same show in Humboldt in the late 80's.  Well this post does not resemble the band at that show in the least.  This is the stuff I wish they were playing when we all went to see them.  This is a kind of rap metal and is represented that way in my categories.  If you're familiar with the band you will recognize them but this is like a whole new band.  This was given to me by I can't remember who but I happily accepted once I heard it.  I love it when rappers use a live band and this shines in a hard heavy kind of way.  All I have is disc 2 "Bones" so you'll have to buy it in order to hear the whole "Skull and Bones" cd.  Here's a couple of samples for you. EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police...go give your money to iTunes or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment