Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Doom - Doomed From The Start

Home I couldn't find any pictures I liked for this post so you get a satelite picture of where I live.  If you click the thumbnail above, my house is on the bottom left and the creek where we love to hike is in that treeline at the top of the page.  You know these satelite images blow me away in a nerdy kind of way, but at the same time they're a little freaky.  Talk about someone invading what little privacy we have left.  I bet "they" have these things hooked up with infrared so "they" can tell if you're home.  Technology can be cool in some ways but I don't see how it has made us better people.  I guess it doesn't matter too much though because before too long we'll have this planet killed off with overpopulation and pollution anyway. That was starting to get a little dark so I will try to brighten it up a little bit with some Doom.  This is the only CD I have of these guys but I will be posting some 7"s later on.  I love to hear demos of bands because it kind of gives you a look at a band as they originally meant themselves to sound.  What a demo lacks in quality is usually made up by that 1st spark of creativity we are allowed to listen to.  I got this CD in the used bin of a record store in San Diego called Off The Record.  Pretty trendy place but you had idiots getting rid of good stuff there all the time.  Doom is a pretty good name for this band.  If you check at their label here, http://www.peaceville.com/ you'll see that they only have one CD available.  This release is on Vinyl Japan, http://www.discogs.com/label/Vinyl+Japan , but I couldn't tell if you can still get it.  Let me know.  If you like that Discharge crusty sound you'll love this.  Check out a couple of sample tunes. EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police...go give your money to iTunes or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment