Monday, March 3, 2008

Half Off - "Same Old Story" 17 song demo

half off 1You know this has happened to me a couple of times now where somebody mentions a band that I am in the process of posting.  Jimmy Buttons mentioned Half Off in a comment for the mystery band post and here I was ready to post them, I was just waiting on the scans.  Lots of really cool comments lately from a lot of really cool people, old friends and new.  Thank you.

I either got this because of a review in Flipside or Maximum R&R, or I got it from the Toxic Shock record store.  I never did follow up and see if they came out with more stuff, but I did play the hell out of this tape.  It reminded me of a straight edge vegetarian, early DRI.  If you read along with the lyrics you can see this guy really belts out the words at a super fast pace.  I really like the packaging (double sided photo copy) with all the lyrics to the songs.  My two favorites way back when were, "What Right Do We Have" and "Resenting thePast", but listening to it now, just about every song rips.  Sorry, the demo is seriously lo-fi and I did my best ripping it.  I looked around and didn't find much, so I would appreciate any and all info about this band.

EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police...go give your money to iTunes or something...or some guy's got it for sale for 80 bucks on Discogs...fuck it, that is ridiculous...uploaded it to YT...we'll see how long that lasts... [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu6iMBzJO8E&w=560&h=315]

No comments:

Post a Comment