
I seem to like posting bands that got no comments the first time around. Am I pleading with you to like this band even though there's so many reasons not to? Despite it being a Geffen band I think they rock. Years ago I wouldn't have been caught dead listening to a big label band, even though in secret I did. Music is an emotion and you either like a band or you don't. There is always BS behind the music. The question we need to ask, is the band doing it the way they want and making money or are they doing it just the way the label wants them to and to make money. If it's the second case then it is just a consumer product and you can buy it like you do your favorite bag of chips. I bet I could release some of these consumer rock bands on an independent label and you might see people come out of the woodwork to dig on them. Maybe not. If you look at what's popular you find it is what "most" people are into, otherwise it wouldn't be popular. "Most" people suck in my opinion though and maybe that includes me. The nice thing about music is that no one can force you to listen to it, you can always turn it off and listen to something else. The blogosphere, as I've heard it called, has music for everyone's taste and I encourage everyone to use this resource. If you just want the music go to Soulseek or whatever, but if you want to take it one step further go to a blog and get someone else's take on the music.
I already did a post on these guys, so please go check that out. This is a really good example of some rockin live stuff for you to enjoy.
EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police...go give your money to iTunes or something...
No comments:
Post a Comment