Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Brujeria - Machetazos 7"

This one is about as offensive as they come and of course it was meant to be that way.  I guess it's a reflection of the world that we live in that can be brutally ugly itself.  It makes me think of this guy who had a response to one of my comments on the Good Bad site.  In response he asked me if this was Hands Across America.  It was good for a laugh on my part.  No this is not Hands Across America, this is ugly as it gets.  The music, the lyrics, the cover art itself, but that's good isn't it?  These guys really do it on this one in an all out kind of way.  Is there a statement they're trying to make, or is it just shock value?  It's like blowing yourself up to kill other people.  I could go on and on with philosophy and theories about the meaning of this 7" but I really don't know shit about shit anyway.  These guys would probably just laugh.  I'm just a burnt out softy.  Do you guys that know me believe that?  I worked with a guy in San Diego named Tino who had been attacked with a machete and survived.  He had scars all over the place including his face, missing fingers and was just plain lucky to have lived.  The guy who did it to him had just left him for dead.  Anyway you take this in and tell me what you think, at the very least you are in for some of the most brutal stuff this band has to offer...

EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police...go give your money to iTunes or something...

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJYTGvrlerk&w=560&h=315]

No comments:

Post a Comment