
Not too much to say on this one, just good old hardcore after hardcore supposedly died. I remember my bro Bohner and I got into this stuff around 1990 or so. It must have been the result of something we heard up at KHSU. Maybe he can clarify that for me. Bohner was a guy coming from a metal backround and liked punk, while I was a punk guy who liked metal. I liked this stuff from the get go and they really had some good stuff to say. I found out later that at least the singer was one of the few openly gay hardcore guys out there. Pretty good company when you consider guys like Gary of the Dicks and Dave of MDC. I don't care what you think about homosexuality, but you have to admit that in a lot of places it takes a lot of balls to be openly gay. I have a lot of respect for that. Anyway the first song, King Of Nothing, is just a pretty ripping song and the rest of the flexi comes in second. Two live recordings here, one on the radio and another at a club. Let me know what you think.
EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police...go give your money to iTunes or something...
No comments:
Post a Comment