Sunday, April 6, 2008

Satanic Malfunctions - Who Wants The World

sm1Lyrics1 Lyrics2  One of my favorite bands here for your consumption.  When I was about 16, when I got this, I thought I was pretty punk rock.  I hung out with the punks at school, hung out with the anarcho punks in the valley (Iconoclast, Naturcore, etc.), was a vegetarian and member of an animal liberation group, went to shows (I wish I had gone to a lot more), bought punk records whenever I could, was involved in a little bit of crime, and considered myself politically and socially aware.  I also corresponded with a few punks abroad.  I had started corresponding with Ade, the drummer of the Satanic Malfunctions after getting their demo tape because of a Flipside or MRR review.  I posted that demo on the site a while back if you care to look.  Ade and his band represented the best in the DIY punk scene in my opinion and I still feel that way today.  We traded tapes, shared ideas and I continued to get their music as it came out.  I was pretty happy when I got a thank you on this record even though today I really don't remember why.  sm6I haven't seen this one posted anywhere even though I did find a couple here, http://www.7inchpunk.com/?s=satanic+malfunctions&submit=GO .  I have some more stuff I will be posting of theirs and Active Minds that I think are also pretty rare.  The cover on this is just about the best skeletal drawings I've ever seen.  If you like fast, abrasive, lo-fi, short songs you'll dig this... EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police...go give your money to iTunes or something...

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbeKaV469sE&w=790&h=593]

No comments:

Post a Comment