Saturday, April 5, 2008

We The Living - Carnival Of Vice 7"

I've been wanting to do this one ever since I found out you could digitize vinyl.  This, in my opinion, is one of the best hardcore 7"s ever released.  I got it when it first came out in about 1985 at Vinyl Fetish in Hollywood.  I think they were playing this in the store and I decide I had to have it.  The first three songs are hardcore at it's finest, the fourth is a funky hardcore thing and the last is a Madonna cover.  I remember people I knew who were into Madonna were extremely annoyed.  It came with two photo copies one being this cheezy press release and the other a very interesting doodle.  Lyrically, these guys are at the least, silly and at the most filled with satire.  You make that call.  I actually sent a copy of this to Ade of the Satanic Malfunctions back then and he loved it.  Tell me you don't at least love the first two songs.

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkFBLfc_CEg]

No comments:

Post a Comment