
I was looking through my recent posts and noticed that I haven't posted something besides metal and hardcore in some time , so I thought I would do something different (that everyone will hate). Call it an obstacle for those who just surf on through for downlaods or call it motivation for those who have been dying to leave a negative comment. I listened to this again while ripping it and it still left me with a smile. This was released in 1985 I think and was not even close to what I was listening to at the time. It was popular music back then and actually when you think of the Human Beatbox Doug E Fresh, this is historical as well. I always took the hard classes in high school so I had some nerdy friends too (we called them 4.0's as in their grade point average) and I think they turned me onto this. One thing it reminds me of for some reason is of getting busted for smoking pot on a Youth and Government trip to the state capital, Sacramento. I didn't think it was funny at the time but I can remember the teachers asking me why I did it, while I was totally stoned. My mom didn't think it was funny either. She always taught me that if you were going to do something bad don't get caught for it. I failed in that mission. Anyway this is Doug E Fresh and MC Rikki D with their biggest "hits" from a 12" I got for almost nothing dhortly after it was popular. Give it a listen to get a taste of something a little humorous in it's 80's-ness and the story on La Di Da Di is funny as well.
EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police...go give your money to iTunes or something...
No comments:
Post a Comment