Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Germs - Live At The Whisky 06/77 LP

You know sometimes I have a hard time deciding on the post both in terms of the words and the music.  I suppose a lot of people go through that so I can't blame that on brain damage, unless we're all brain damaged.  I work with people with disabilities and have come to the conclusion that it's not just them that have been diagnosed but all of us that are disabled.  Emotional, developmental, psychological, physical, take your pick of one or several we are all short of the mark.  I don't know what that mark is, call it "normal", but everyone has some kind of issue to deal with.  Like looking through cracked glasses we have to make sense of what we see and do the best to get by.  I read the other blogs and am always impressed by the music, opinions, views and history that are expressed.

Germs - GermicideThis was one of those ones that, because I run a mostly punk/hadcore kind of site, I felt it was mandatory to post.  It's probably been posted all over the place and/or re-released but bear with me and know that it is here again.  I got this from my old buddy Alexander Wallace IV from my elementary school in about 1981.  He was a blossoming musician at the time and was into punk just because it was a different kind of music, not because of it's musicianship (I will post the jazz fusion stuff he was really into sometime).  He gave it to me because it was just too sloppy even as a jam sort of thing.  When I think about it now it was sloppy music made by sloppy people.  I too was very sloppy as a person at one time, for a long time and always dug this recording.  In a way I still do dig it.  In 1977, this was punk rock.  I haven't forgotten that emotion and energy.  As a person that can look back and reflect I wonder about the appeal of being so strung out on dope and liquor.  There is no better way to describe except fucked up.  I don't mean just on that occasion but in general.  Redefining what it means to be a human being or least finding out what the human being is capable of.  Self destruction as an artform and a way of life.

Just a couple of notes on this one.  I separated out Forming into two tracks because half of it serves as a sort of intro, there are really only ten tracks on this LP.  I like the intro because of the Rodney Biggenheimer and Belinda Carlisle parts, so I decided to separate that.  Some of these songs go on and on so they ended up being big files, too big to post at 320kbs.  If you care about the sound quality though see below.  Anyway enjoy this piece of history or shit depending on your point of view.

EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police...go give your money to iTunes or something...

Hey what do you know, it's on fucking youtube... [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf61E0jpkUw&w=560&h=315]

No comments:

Post a Comment