Saturday, June 14, 2008

Labrador - S/T 7"

horsesI put the horses out to pasture this morning.  Mine is the black and white paint while my wife's is the palomino.  The city kid has come a long ways. This is one of my buddy Chris' many bands from San Diego.  You can catch him as Billy Druid on his killer site here, http://posttraumatic.blogspot.com/ .  He's transplanted himself to the New Orleans scene and has a lot to say on his blog, and is involved in a lot of good stuff.  I saw these guys play a few times, parties and clubs, but I was drinking so heavy by this time that it seems like a blurr.  What I do remember is that Chris is an incredible showman and has a ton of stage presence.  He was all over the place in the kind of way that early 80's hardcore bands used to jump around all the time.  I really like these two tunes, but I had a tough time putting them into a category, so they ended up in Jazz Punk, which is as good a place as any.  Hard rockin with a lot of musical influences I would think.  I also had a hard time finding any info on these guys because there are some other bands with that name and the name takes you to sites that have nothing to do with music.  I would place this in the late 90's, but maybe my buddy can help me out with any additional info.

No comments:

Post a Comment