Friday, June 27, 2008

VA - Beware Of The Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

badger1One thing that always bums me out is road kill.  Yesterday I found this badger dead in the middle of the highway, so I dragged it off to the side before it got run over a million times and turned into something completely different.  There is something depressing about that to me, which just may be the waste of life it represents.  The badger is a special animal to me in that they are pretty tough but for the most part they mind their own business and like to be left alone. BewareI hadn't done a comp record in quite some time so I thought I would give this a go.  On the album it says 1984, but from what I've read they say 1985.  Humph?  Not important.  A nice mix of punk/hardcore bands from Holland that maybe not everyone has heard.  I got it about the time the PEACE comp came out because I liked the Gepopel song from that comp.  Of course this doesn't have the magnitude of the Peace comp but it is a damn good Dutch sampler though.  The KFTH thing here, http://homepages.nyu.edu/~cch223/comps/bewareofthewolf.html which links up to individual band pages too.  I decided to go ahead and look around other blogs to see what they had from the bands on this comp and this is what I found. Gepopel http://amargadodelavida.blogspot.com/2008/01/gepopel-paracide-ep.html Indirekt  http://punkbelongstopunks.blogspot.com/2008/01/indirekt-op-oorlogspad-lp.html Nog Watt http://happychaos-hardcore.blogspot.com/2008/06/nog-watt-fear.html

It's kind of cool using that blogsearch tool I have in my links to do that kind of thing, not just to find music but to check out other people's blogs.  There is just so much good stuff out there.

I didn't feel like uploading each and every track from this comp but I did give you one song from each band for your sampling pleasure.  Of course I did give you the whole thing all zipped up at the bottom for those of you that might truly appreciate this.  Enjoy.

EDIT: Links deleted for fear of copyright police…go give your money to iTunes or something…

No comments:

Post a Comment