Thursday, July 3, 2008

Asbestos Death - Dejection 7"

sk8s Can you tell which deck is mine and which is my son's or should I say which deck gets used regularly and which one is nice to look at?  Jason over at http://loresviscera.blogspot.com/ got him the Spitfire wheels and a whole bunch of other gear. Dejection When I got this I was really into the grind thing going on and thought that was what I was getting.  What seemed on the back cover to be a track listing, "Pain the seed.  Mind the soil.  Humanity.  The infection.  Skull.  Grinding.  Shattering.  The drained carcass of humankind.  Remains.  Woe to chain." was actually lyrics to the song Nail.  So instead of getting something like 11 tracks on one side of a 7", I was only getting one.  Needless to say I was disappointed, but in the long run I was pretty pleased with this record.  Slow, deliberate crust, that kind of reminded me of Neurosis.  Flex had this to say, "Slow & grinding death core, not unlike Neurosis, but a lot less intense. B side is an instrumental. Interesting, but too monotone to be good."  From what I've read, these guys only put this out and another 7".  Years later they re-released both on a 10".  Here's both of those, http://eirecore.blogspot.com/2007/07/asbestos-death.html .  I found some live stuff here, http://sludgeswamp.blogspot.com/2007/12/youll-get-sleep-later.html .  If you dig crust, Then I think you'll like this one. EDIT: Sorry, links to tune deleted for fear of the copyright police...they were damn good too.  Go give your money to itunes or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment