Not much to say on this one, the first from Nemesis Records. I have at least one more of these 4 way live hardcore splits that I'll have to post soon. The first two tracks don't really stand out for me but the second two do. The funny thing is that there is some kind of east coast, west coast, Boston, OC rivalry thing going on between these two bands. And who say hardcore didn't have it's own soap opera drama thing going on. I liked No For An Answer on a couple of other things I'd heard but I felt like Slapshot was a little too jock rock for me. What do I know though? I like the whole concept though of putting out these live comp EPs though. Flex had this to say, "recorded live at the Whiskey in Hollywood May 17th 1989. 500 pressed on colored vinyl (clear?), hand numbered. Music is quite good, all bands play powerful s.e. hardcore. Not too original, but a good record anyway." Let me know.
EDIT: Sorry, links to tune deleted for fear of the copyright police...they were damn good too. Go give your money to itunes or something...
Sunday, July 6, 2008
VA - The Iceman Cometh... 7"
Not much to say on this one, the first from Nemesis Records. I have at least one more of these 4 way live hardcore splits that I'll have to post soon. The first two tracks don't really stand out for me but the second two do. The funny thing is that there is some kind of east coast, west coast, Boston, OC rivalry thing going on between these two bands. And who say hardcore didn't have it's own soap opera drama thing going on. I liked No For An Answer on a couple of other things I'd heard but I felt like Slapshot was a little too jock rock for me. What do I know though? I like the whole concept though of putting out these live comp EPs though. Flex had this to say, "recorded live at the Whiskey in Hollywood May 17th 1989. 500 pressed on colored vinyl (clear?), hand numbered. Music is quite good, all bands play powerful s.e. hardcore. Not too original, but a good record anyway." Let me know.
EDIT: Sorry, links to tune deleted for fear of the copyright police...they were damn good too. Go give your money to itunes or something...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment