I got kinda spoiled there and had a few posts where there were 20+ comments. A little on the slow side right now (not complaining at all though), but maybe that speaks for the quality of my posts. Sorry about that, but that's why I have all those links for you to check out. Since it's kinda slow right now I thought I would do something that needs posting somewhere and it may as well be here.

In my life I have wandered all over the place musically in terms of checking things out, but I always had punk/hardcore as my home base. You can probably tell that from my posts when you look at the categories and to be honest with you I've seen several live shows of bands that fit each of my categories. During my time I did the Jazz thing a little bit, but really I was just dabbling. I think to really appreciate it to it's fullest it helps to be a musician. There is so mush technicality and complexity to it that there is more to it than saying this sounds good. I was kind of more into the Fusion Jazz thing though and got to see some live stuff in that genre. My first Jazz concert was Return To Forever (Chick Corea, Stanley Clark, Al DiMeola and Lenny White) at the Universal Amphatheater in about 1985. It was their first concert together in several years. I actually saw all kinds of stuff at that venue, Willie Nelson, Hank Williams Jr. Joan Baez, BB King, The Weavers and others. I bet you all didn't think I had that kind of variety in music in me, did you? Ha, ha, I wander all over the place to the point that people just can't get into this blog. I do apologize for that, I wish I could give you all the music you want all the time, but that's just not me. Oh well. You need to broaden your horizons a little bit and give this stuff a go. If you truly are a music lover, you need to at least download this and put it in the part of the hard drive you never look in. If you're a musician you ought to be able to appreciate the crazy time signature of these tunes. The drummer, Joe Morello, is insane on this stuff. As far as Dave Brubeck check out this excellent article,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Brubeck . Okay enough babbling on about a post that no one will listen to, but maybe your parents or grandparents could.
EDIT: Sorry, links to tunes deleted for fear of the copyright police...they were damn good too. Go give your money to itunes or something...
No comments:
Post a Comment