A cold and rainy fall day today, kind of perfect for a Nor Cal post. A bit of a Humboldt hardcore treat for you here thanx to my buddy James, a long time resident and bandster from up there. He went way out of his way to rip these and email them to my sorry ass. Thanx alot James for this and do me a favor you guys and check out his bands in my links (Henpecker, Arrogant Hare, Buffy Swayze).
Agent 86 had already left Humboldt for D.C. by the time I moved there in 1987, but everyone was still talking about them. The main guy Mike Briggs was a love him hate him type of guy from the stories that I heard. He still has the band going in Vegas or Seattle (I couldn't figure out which, braindamaged remember) which you can find here, http://www.myspace.com/agent86music . Still going strong in a mellower kind of way. This is the only band from extreme Nor Cal metioned at the KFTH site, but that's all you get is a mention because there's nothing written on the band. I don't really know alot about this band even though they have an extensive punk hardcore history that you can check at their myspace, and there really is not much out there about them. This is their second 7" released in 1986 and on it you get 7 pretty ripping hardcore tunes along with one reggae/hardcore thing in the vein of Bad Brains. Don't let it keep you from digging the music, but you can get everything from g-strings to teddy bears with the Agent 86 logo here, http://www.cafepress.com/agent86seattle . I found it entertaining more than anything else. This is one of those real Humboldt rarities though and I want to thank James again for making it possible.[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB9UfCv9gqw&w=560&h=315]
No comments:
Post a Comment