Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bikes & VW's

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT!

After doing an Airbourne post a little while back our friend Chris over at his killer, Small Take Over/ suggested we check out a band (and a guy) called Danko Jones.  Pretty mainstream like Airbourne, which doesn't necessarily mean bad, but seriously hard hitting rock and roll.  Check out the tune he suggested, and let me know what you think.  Thanx Chris... [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFILyfqavvM] skel3Just a pic I found of a pretty cool bike while surfing around.  A lot of work went into that. I am a little more lo-key and simple in my bike desires.  This was in the local Wheels For You classifieds, but even for that cheap of a price, I would be hard put to pick up one or both of those little gems up.  A vintage Honda CB350 would do nice getting me back and forth to work.  Thinking of motorcycles made me think of this tune, Zeke - God Of GSXR.  I may have to do a full post on them at some point... [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTUccq8ixpE&w=560&h=315] Back when I was in high school in the mid 80's I drove a late model Volkswagen bug.  Nothing fancy, just my ride to get me and my bros from point A to point B.  To be honest with you I was a little embarassed by it back then because it really was nothing special.  Now that I'm older I wish I had that bug back and I realize that what's important is just having a running vehicle.  Fancy cars are a luxury and I'm not a luxurious person.  Back at that time everyone was into slammed mini trucks and the ever useful for city living, big lifted 4x4's.  All my friends though were into VW's and some of them really had some sweet rides.  I've never really looked at a car as much more than a tool but every once in a while I am impressed.  Slammed Sixty and it kind of took me back to when we (my friends and I) all had our VW's. split 11

Ah what the hell here's another one of my favorite Zeke tunes... [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2vKRDgOAko]

No comments:

Post a Comment