Saturday, December 20, 2008

Melt Banana, The Hitch, Human Thurma, Hellworms - Live @ The Vista Eureka, Cali. 1998

vistaMy bro jeff had mentioned in the comments on my Melt Banana post that he had a bootleg of one of their shows up in Humboldt.  The recording not only included them but his anvil heavy old band, the Hitch, along with two other bands I never heard of.  I told him I was really interested in that and being the stud he always has been, he ripped it and got it to me right away.  Let me tell you, I was not disappointed.  This must have been one hell of a show because from beginning to end, every tune by every band shreds.   Jeff used to have this on his Multiply account but the link isn't any good anymore, so you get it like it was the first time.  I was going to make four posts out of the show, one for each band.  Listening to it though it just fit together so well as it was.  I didn't mess with the labeling too much even though I recognized a lot of the tunes, because I just wasn't too sure of myself.  I did a Melt Banana post not too long ago here, http://mustard-relics.com/2008/11/16/the-locust-melt-banana-split-7/ and this makes a great follow up to that.  I also did a Hitch post a while back here, http://mustard-relics.com/2008/06/21/the-hitch-2001-cdr/ , but this live shot is about three years earlier and represents a sound I really like even a little bit better in them.  I couldn't find out too much about Human Thurma except that members from the band went on to be in another band called Hex Machine.  From what I could tell the Hellworms are just a later incarnation of Victims Family.  All in all I would say this is one of my favorite bootlegs of all time.  The Vista where this show was recorded, I think was having shows back when I was up there in the early 90's, as I think we (I can't remember which band) played there.  Kind of a neat little restaurant right on the Humboldt bay.  It seems like since that time they have become a hot spot for live music.  Anyway, give this a listen and tell me what you think. [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4xcxFcO1lE&w=560&h=315]

No comments:

Post a Comment