Monday, January 12, 2009

Various Artists - There's A Faggot In The Pit 7"

01-04-09 Looking to the south of the new homestead at a huge flock of blackbirds of some kind.  Should have taken video because they moved as one in a cloud wavering back and forth.  Cool pic though I thought for a camera phone, be sure to click on the thumbnail. TAFITP No homophbia here, just a poke at the whole macho thing that seems to prevail in hardcore.  On the inside cover it states, "If you bought this 7" because you thought the cover was slagging homos then you're a sick fuck.  Yeah it's a joke - kinda.  You see at Gilman, we do some shows.  And sometimes there's an abundance of testosterone - you know circle running, fist flaring macho boys.  So sometimes the rest of us (girls, men and women) want to have fun too, so the "huggie" crew goes into the pit, and grabs onto the rough ones and uh, well hugs the shit out of 'em.  And of course they're "men" and the thought of slow dancing arm in arm with another guy freaks them out a bit.  Once, we were doing th "hug" thing and this guy runs out of the pit yelling, " Oh man, there's a faggot in the pit."  We laughed and started dancing like retards..."  Kind of an amusing story except I can think of lots of shows that I've been to where the hug thing would not go over too well and would probably end up with pain and blood.  At the same time I get the point, but then again working with people with disabilities I was bummed they used the word retards.  All I have to say about that is that we're all just one high grade fever or head injury away from being a retard.  To be honest with you I've had this ripped and uploaded for a while but never felt like posting it.  The only band I like on here is Filth and they do an awesome live track.  You can get more info on the people who put this out here, they went on to do another one called There's a Dyke In The Pit along with some straight up homocore type stuff.  Like Seinfeld said "not that there's anything wrong with that".  There's room for everyone in music as far as I'm concerned.

 

Glee Club - The Age Of Reason Goodgrief - Sex Is Filth - Filth Up To Here - Good Day All You Can Eat - Inconsistencies I need to do a Filth post of my own because in my opinion they were one of the best bands to come out of the Gilman scene and definately should be added to the list of the greats that came out of the bay area in general.  The band rocks on it's own but that gargling glass kind of vocals just puts them over the top.  I couldn't leave you with that one tune so go and get the Filth discography which includes a great live set from the Pukeskywalker blog here.  There's not one Filth tune I don't like, so expect some rips of their stuff at 320 kb/s in the future but for now here's a couple more.

 

Lust For Glory Violence As A Solution Dear Fuck

I'm in a weird mood tonight waiting for the old lady to get home from work.  We've been working a lot of hours trying to make some extra money to pay the bills.  I've been going through tunes on the hard drive and was stuck in the D's so I was going to give you some Deep Wound or Dearborn SS, but since Filth is an F band, I checked there.  How about another F band with some similar vocal stylings, also bass player Duff McKeegan's best band, unless Guns N Roses or Velvet Revolver are your thing, The Fartz.  Damn I wish I had this album.

 

People United World Full Of Hate Children Of The Grave Get the whole album from Seeing Red by way of Running Riot here.

No comments:

Post a Comment