
As promised here's part two of the Final Conflict thing with SoCal's Final Conflict this time. You can get pretty much their entire recorded out put
here and actually you should probably go check out the always intersting
Church Of Zer blog anyway. I realize you can get this album there and actually there are several other blogs that have it up as well, but I felt like ripping a 12" and figured you guys would be done a service by getting to hear a vinyl rip of this at 320 kb/s anyway. This is a seriously epic album and from the first tune it's clear why Pushead found it important enough to release it on his label.
Flex had this to say, "Fast hardcore from San Francisco, a blend of early 80s anarcho core à la Discharge and the metal-tinged West Coast speedcore of the mid-80's. Quality stuff, and the production's good, too". A great description but they weren't from Frisco though, the address on the album puts them outta Cypress, as I said in SoCal. I never got to see them down there (
EDIT: My bro Match has a better memory than I do and I guess if you check the comments we did see them at the Tapestry Room, CSUN in about 1986) and actually it wasn't until I was up in Humboldt that I got to see them. They played a party out in a barn in the middle of nowhere in about 1990 with Bulemia Banquet I think. Don't quote me on the Bulemia Banquet part but do quote me on the fact that these guys shredded then live and do the same on this album. They also, if I remember correctly, were some pretty down to earth guys who were open to hanging out with the locals. Any of you Humboldt guys remember that party and able to give a little more detail? I feel a little bit like I'm doing the record a disservice because it comes with a pretty serious booklet outlining some of their political beliefs, but unless you feel like getting me a scanner, posting that will not be possible. So instead of satisfying your intellectual sensibilities you just get you aural fascination addressed. I got this record brand new in about 87 and it was cool to see the price tag of $6.98 still on it. I recognized the sticker too from my favorite record store/head shop that I've mentioned before, the Turning Point in Glendale. Two things about that. You guys familiar with those record store/head shot combo jobs with the bongs and pipes sold right alongside your favorite music? That particular store even had coke supplies like viles and spoons too. Also about this time CD's were getting popular and I can remember avoiding them like the plague. Music almost doubled in price with the advent of the CD all for what they called better music quality and convenience. It took me a long time to even half way buy into that scam. Anyway, my personal favorite here has always been Political Glory.
Apocalypse Now!
One Answer
Private War
Crucifixion
Abolish Police
Shattered Mirror
Burial Service
What Kind Of Future?
Constant Fear
Political Glory
Central America
Outcasts
Self-Righteous Pigs
The Last Sunrise

This 85 demo of theirs is not exactly the rarest thing in the world on the mp3 circuit, but while I was searching around soulseek for anything Final Conflict related I came across it. You really should get it
here and you really should do yourself a favor and check out
Rocket Science Records for his great write-ups and fantastic selection of music. If you stop by be sure and tell him that Mustard Relics sent you. Here's that demo.
Apocalypse Now
One Answer
Self Pity
Guns Forever
Death Is Certain
What Kind Of Future
Outcasts
Private War
Political Glory
Crucifixion
More Beer
Central America
You Never Were
Warhead
Resist
No comments:
Post a Comment